Info Panel
1620s

Scottish plantation house is built - 1622

1800s

Building of the castle started - 1803

John Nash the architect of the castle - 1804

John Nash (18 January 1752 – 13 May 1835) was a British architect responsible for much of the layout of Regency London under the patronage of the Prince Regent, and …

Read More →

The castle is completed - 1807

Edward Jones Agnew moves in - 1807

1830s

Edward Jones Agnew died - 1834

The castle is passed on to William Agnew - 1834

1890s

Countess Balzani comes back to Kilwaughter - 1895

Mrs Elizabeth Galt Smith family rents the castle - 1899

1910s

Wounded American officers stay in the castle - 1915

1940s

American 644th Tank Destroyer occupied the castle - 1944

1950s

The castle was left derelict and now a ruin - 1951

2010s

Facebook page is set up to save the castle by an enterprising young teenager Lewis McAdam - 2012

A group of people get together and start tidying - 2015